If you don’t know me already, let me introduce myself. Hi, my name is Wynne. I have two settings. I’m either being a lazy bum who’s job is to only roll around in bed with her teddy bears, or fantasizing about the time where i can be a lazy bum.
So knowing this vicious cycle, and the fact that apparently this lazy bum lives by herself and likes to eat home cooked foods, i settled for the next best thing. Quick, easy, and delicious recipe. And so, this beef kebab skewers was born.
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar (can be substituted with apple cider vinegar)
2 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp Dijon
1 tbsp garlic
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
300 g sirloin steak (look for thicker steaks), cut into 1 1/4 inch pieces
2 bell peppers (yellow, red)
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
10 skewer sticks soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- Mix together all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Place the cubed steak into a resealable bag (or a bowl) and pour marinade over steak. Make sure to have all the steak covered in marinade sauce. Put it into the refrigerator and let sit for at least 2 hours (for more flavor, you can let it sit overnight).
- Preheat oven to 425 (218 °C)
- With veggies on cutting board, drizzle with oil and lightly toss to coat. Then, sprinkle garlic powder and season veggies with salt and pepper. (You can also add other ingredients that you like, such as onion or tofu).
- Assembling kebab : layer steak and veggies onto kebabs in desired order, work to fit 3 to 4 steak pieces onto each kebab.
- Brush lightly with olive oil before cooking, turn kebab after 5 minutes.
Additional Notes :
- For those of you who own a grill, you can also bake these in the grill. Place kebabs on grill and grill until center of steak registers about 140 – 145 degrees (60 – 63 °C) for medium doneness, turning kebabs occasionally, about 8 – 9 minutes.
- Use up other veggies you might already have. Squash, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, or parboiled potatoes are good choices. Or if you want to wild out a little bit, you can add sausage or chicken nuggets.
- Space the peppers apart a little if you don’t want them very crisp. This will allow more heat to circulate around them and they’ll cook faster.
- For those of you who don’t have Worcestershire Sauce, feel free to substitute it with soy sauce, steak sauce, or fish sauce.
Other posts :
- A Ketogenic Diet : What Is It and Is It a Sustainable Diet?
- Why Do We Experience Bloating? –– Causes and Ways to Prevent